Skip to main content

The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro

Rating: 3/5 Stars
Release Date: January 13, 2009
Genre: Contemporary/Romance/Girls in Sports
About the Book:
Parker Stanhope's junior year is not starting out right. Everyone got moved up to Varsity soccer, except two players-one of which was Parker. Parker knows she should be on varsity-she's a good player, she's worked hard and all her friends are there. But now her friends are cutting her loose, she's stuck with a team of (gasp!) freshman, and her reputation is on the line.
Parker comes up with a crazy plan to get herself on varsity and back with her friends by pulling a stunt at the upcoming sports fair. She'll get a kiss at the kissing booth that will raise so much, the soccer team will have to make the most money and Coach Hartley will just have to put her on the team! But the kiss has to look real, and Parker doesn't have much experience in that department. Parker needs a kissing coach and the boy across the street seems to know a lot...
GreenBeanTeenQueen Says:
This was a fun, quick, light read. It combines romance and sports and even a bit of mean girls. Parker is great character. I think because she's not a stereotypical jock or a typical girly girl, she'll appeal to a lot of readers.
Tristan is a great guy for Parker-he's smart, funny and confidant. I'm sure he'll be on many lit boy crush lists!:)
Parker does get a little annoying because she doesn't realize how mean her so called friends are, but I am a reader looking in, and Parker has to learn on her own. But that didn't mean there weren't times I wanted to yell at her for even thinking she needed them back!
As someone who dated a younger guy in high school and college and is marrying a guy who is younger and was a year behind in school, I loved how Parker was an older girl going after a younger guy. Now if only all guys could be as mature as Tristan is at 15!!
I think my favorite part of the book was the chapter headings that give various kissing tips. Props to Tina for coming up with a tip for every letter of the alphabet! Overall, this is a fun, simple, sweet story that's a great curl up and read the night away book. Tina Ferraro knows how to write a great romance for all ages and I look forward to what she has next!

Comments

  1. i am really looking forward to reading this book. Ferraro writes such fun, cute books. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. The chapter titles were brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my thoughts exactly and I gave you an award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really cute. I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah.. EVERY letter of the alphabet?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute :) And I agree Tristan is very crush-worthy - but he is waaaaaaaaaay too young for me :D I love the name "Tristan" though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other readers! Share your thoughts and chime in!

Popular posts from this blog

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Rating: 5/5 Stars Genre: Realistic Fiction Release Date: 2/26/2013 Add to Goodreads About the Book: Eleanor and Park are both misfits. When new girl Eleanor sits next to Park on the bus, they don't want anything to do with each other. But over the course of the school year, things change. It starts with comic books and becomes a friendship and a romance that the two will never forget. You never forget your first love. GreenBeanTeenQueen Says: Have you ever had a book sit on your shelf that you've heard so much hype about? And you think that books sounds like it would be right up your alley, but you're in a reading slump and you're afraid to give it a try unless it fails? I knew Eleanor and Park sounded like my perfect book, but I was in such an after committee slump that I even though I knew this book would help, I just didn't want to be disappointed. I should have known better because Eleanor and Park was perfect and everything that I had hoped it wou

Contact Me

  I love to hear from fellow readers and librarians! Send me an email to say hello! You can reach me at greenbeanteenqueen (at) gmail (dot) com

Post Downton Abbey Reading List

Downton Abbey is over (with a shocking and frustrating ending!) and now I'm suffering Downton Abbey withdrawal. I've got a reading list full of books that I hope will satisfy my post-Downton Abbey cravings and I thought I'd share what's in my pile and get suggestions for other after Downton reads. Here's what I hope to be reading this year (a mix of YA and adult titles):                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  A couple Julian Fellowes reads:                And a few re-reads:                    Edited to add: What's on your Post-Downton Abbey reading list?